Monday, December 10, 2007

A garden can go crazy in a small amount of time!


It took less then a year for my veggie garden to go rogue. The only plant that looks like it survived the last year is the strawberry patch. I think I also saw a Japanese Eggplant and some Black-eye Peas back by the turtle pen, but I also saw some ugly bugs on the surviving tomato plants so I will wait until tomorrow to explore. Speaking of the turtle, we brought her inside during the wildfires, and then she ended up hibernating under my bed.
My plan for the side yard this season is to make a kitchen garden, with all the veggies that we use daily. I'm hoping that I can get a good crop of lettuce, green onions and carrots, along with all the basic herbs. The weather has been chilly enough that I think I should get some nice treats! I would also like to use more hanging baskets this year. With the drip irrigation in place now I should have no problems when I forget to water, oops!

No comments: